Live from an Israeli bunker

Monday, July 17, 2006

Thoughts about the comments

So I'm starting to get comments now, the traffic to this blog is increasing at a nice rate. I even have an ironic 42 diggs. (The yellow box at the top right, click it if you want)

First of, thanks for all the well wishers and positive feedback. My family and I are staying as safe as we can. Now, this is my blog, but I do not censor comments. Feel free to express whatever opinion or feelings you might have about the situation.

I did delete one comment that was a poorly spelled quote of a rap song by 2pac I believe. If you want your comment up here keep it civil and try to spell adequately.

I'll write up in more detail a response to those criticizing Israel in this, or even such thought filled comment as "What if Israel was not meant to be?", I'll attribute it to ignorance and try to give people like that some more information. What's really interesting is that I received a supporting comment from a Lebanese citizen who is thankfully a distance away from the fighting. Confirms what I thought before, some, if not most Lebanese are against Hezbollah. I hope he takes precautions and stays safe as well.

So more on all of that, a bit later on.

4 Comments:

  • Keep in mind there are many, many supporters of Israel in America, and many are praying for the safety of your citizens as well as safety and victory for your military.

    I agree with you that there must be many Lebanese who aren't happy to have terrorists in charge of their country, starting war with Israel.

    By Anonymous Peggy, at 11:47 AM  

  • I'm sorry, did you say that you received a comment from "a Lebanese citizen", and therefore assumed that "most Lebanese are against Hezbollah"? Firstly, this is not conclusive evidence; I do not get how you can interview one source and state the views of an entire nation.

    Secondly, you should read the news. Were you to do so, you would probably realize that even though a portion of the Lebanese do hate the Hezbollah, most of them loathe Israel far more for these unceasing attacks - of which the innocent Lebanese citizens are not in the least bit responsible. The Hezbollah are at fault, Israel's punishing innocent civilians for it, and you claim that the Lebanese will thank you all for it. Indeed.

    By Anonymous Chris, at 3:02 PM  

  • I said "some, if not most Lebanese are against Hezbollah." - I have no hard numbers. One can only hope.

    By Blogger Live from an Israeli bunker, at 3:07 PM  

  • Of course they are against Hezbollah. But Israel doesn't realize that far more strongly, they're against Israel's invasion of Hezbollah. They've only had a window of what- less than a year? to try to diminish the Hezbollah's power. Before that they were under Syrian control, if you'd care to recall.

    If Israel hadn't pushed Lebanon back about 20 years, Lebanon would have been able to accomplish something in time.

    By Anonymous chris, at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home